In the Community
Kelley Drye makes a positive impact on our communities. Whether through service or financial contributions, we support organizations that invest in every community where we operate. Together, as a team, we raise money to battle major health challenges, sponsor educational opportunities, and provide access to legal services. By championing these causes, we foster a culture of compassion, generosity, and social responsibility.
It’s a source of pride that so many on our team share their skills and time to benefit our communities.
Several examples of our community engagement follow:
- Kelley Drye supports the Legal Aid Society in a variety of ways. We contribute to the Making Justice Real campaign with creative fundraising events that have included “Pie a Partner” and a wine tasting hosted by Kelley Drye partners to benefit Legal Aid D.C.
- We have raised funds for the Cabrini Green Legal Aid Foundation, whose mission is to provide free legal services to low-income residents of Chicago. The firm has also participated in the Cabrini Green Legal Aid’s Christmas Wish campaign by sponsoring a family in need.
- The Cristo Rey network of schools offers a unique work-study program in 32 urban parochial schools throughout the nation that makes a college preparatory education affordable for financially disadvantaged students. Kelley Drye sponsors students and provides an annual stipend to subsidize their tuition.
- The Thurgood Marshall Summer Law Internship Program places high-achieving inner-city high school students in summer jobs with legal employers. Our New York office has participated in this internship program since 2014.
- Kelley Drye is a strong supporter of the Lawyers Committee of the Inner-City Scholarship Fund (ICSF) and its Job Opportunity Program, including by hosting an ICSF summer intern in New York.
- Kelley Drye offers financial and practical support to Family Ties, an organization that offers training in workforce skills and after-school, summer, and mentoring programs for K-12 students in Chicago.
- The Stamford office has been a great friend of the YMCA both through community service, such as reading to, mentoring, and tutoring students in its after-school program, as well as through pro bono representation of the organization on real estate, governance and employee-related matters.
- Through the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs, Kelley Drye partners with the Noyes Education Campus in Washington, D.C. We coach and sponsor their GeoPlunge (a geography tournament) team and have extended our support to students’ families by providing Thanksgiving dinners.
- A Kelley Drye Chicago partner bravely stepped into a boxing ring to raise money for a variety of children’s charities at “Fighting for Futures.” The event benefited organizations that provide career readiness training (SuitUp), cover the direct costs of sports participation for children of incarcerated parents (Put Me In!), and support decision making education in grades K-12 (Alliance for Decision Education).
- In collaboration with the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Kelley Drye attorneys mentor high school students interested in the legal profession.
- Kelley Drye competes in the annual Food From The Bar campaign to collect food and raise money for the Capital Area Food Bank, and we have worked with the mobile food service arm of Martha’s Table to provide meals for D.C. residents experiencing food insecurity.
- We collect and assemble donations of clothing and household goods for Gifts for the Homeless, Allen Women’s Resource Center, Los Angeles County Department of Social Services Adopt a Family, and Dress for Success.
- Standing in solidarity with the people of Ukraine against the widespread devastation and humanitarian crisis caused by Russia’s invasion, the firm community hosted a fundraiser to support relief efforts. Kelley Drye made a sizable contribution to four charities—Project CURE, Save the Children, USA for UNHCR, and World Central Kitchen—providing relief to those impacted by the conflict in Ukraine.
- Kelley Drye helps the Houston Area Women’s Center, a non-profit organization supporting survivors of domestic abuse. Responding to an identified need, we stocked and assembled activity kits for children whose mothers participate in the program.
- The firm has participated in Breast Cancer Awareness Month for over 20 years, including through our Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Bake Sale/Raffle and assembling a Kelley Drye team for the Making Strides walk to support breast cancer research. Each year brings even more bakers, volunteers and walkers, as well as financial support.
- Kelley Drye participates in the annual Lawyers Have Heart 10K, 5K & Fun Walk to benefit the American Heart Association.