Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, a powerhouse firm with the heart of a boutique, is seeking a Business Development Specialist to help identify and pursue new business opportunities. This individual will provide support to the firm and the Marketing Department by conducting research on current and prospective clients, industries, competitors, and market trends; coordinating and drafting compelling proposals; and assisting with ongoing client development initiatives. The Kelley Drye Marketing team works seamlessly across offices, and we are open to considering candidates for this position to work in the firm’s Washington, DC, office.
The Business Development Specialist reports to the Senior Business Development Strategist and works collaboratively with Marketing Department team members to execute business development strategies. Responsibilities include the following, as well as other projects as assigned:
Intelligence Gathering and Analysis
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Business Development team and the Chief Operating Officer, as appropriate, to prioritize research projects that support firm growth efforts
- Conduct research and analysis of clients, industries, markets, technologies, and competitors to support business development activities
- Assist in identifying the legal and business needs of existing and prospective clients and collaborate with the business development team and attorneys to evaluate and pursue potential new business opportunities
- Work with Practice Managers to develop litigation alerts that help identify new business opportunities. Monitor alerts and scan the news to vet potential opportunities in collaboration with the Marketing and Business Development team.
- Work with the Marketing Technology Manager and Marketing and BD Managers to leverage data pulled from the firm’s CRM, website, email marketing system, and other technology tools to help recommend business development and communications priorities and initiatives
Proposal Development and Support
- Work with the business development team to produce proposals, including by curating, editing, and/or drafting new content
- Liaise with attorneys and administrative departments around the firm to help respond to RFP questions and produce persuasive proposals
- Catalog experience and other proposal content
- Track and report opportunity outcomes
- Provide ad hoc support on other pitches, proposals, marketing collateral materials, and directory submissions when capacity allows
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and client service-oriented. The successful candidate will be a proactive, detail-oriented, self-directed marketing professional with strong analytical and problem solving skills. An undergraduate degree and a minimum of three years of marketing or business development experience is required in addition to outstanding writing and inter-personal communications and organizational skills.
Other skills and abilities:
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new research databases and software, with a working knowledge of Capital IQ, Monitor Suite, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law and CRM experience preferred.
- Expert-level skills with MS Excel and PowerPoint to analyze and present data.
- Ability to analyze data and identify business trends to formulate recommendations for firm business development opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).