Jeff Hunter is special counsel in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. He brings years of national campaign and public advocacy organization staff experience to his practice, augmenting legal analysis with a deep understanding of campaign and advocacy organizations’ operational needs. His work focuses on federal and state campaign finance, lobbying disclosure, and ethics rule compliance; PAC creation, operation, and reporting; formal complaint and informal agency review response at the federal and state levels; and Federal Communications Commission political broadcasting regulatory compliance.
- Forming Super PACs to support candidates for federal, state, and local offices.
- Representing clients before the Federal Election Commission, Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives, Secretary of the U.S. Senate, U.S. Department of Justice, and equivalent state agencies.
- Providing political compliance counsel on campaign finance, lobbying disclosure, and ethics rule compliance to leading companies in the energy, communications, medical, pharmaceutical, transportation, automotive, and public advocacy industries, as well as to 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(6) non-profits.
- Implementing comprehensive federal and multistate political compliance systems.
- Advising senior federal and state officials in the appointment and nomination processes, including financial disclosure and ethical screens.
- Internal compliance audits.
- General Accountability Office Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 audits.
- Advising U.S. subsidiaries of UK businesses and U.S. organizations that do business in the UK regarding the impact of the United Kingdom Bribery Act 2010 on their U.S. operations.
- Training client employees regarding federal gift rule limitations, campaign finance regulations, and lobbying disclosure requirements.
Honors & Awards
Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Washington D.C. Rising Star, 2013 and 2015-2016.