Join Kelley Drye at the ABA Consumer Protection Conference - February 12 in Washington, DC
The American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law will be presenting its biennial Consumer Protection Conference on February 12, 2015 in Washington, DC. The conference will bring together federal, state, and international enforcers, in-house counsel, social media/culture experts, and private practitioners to explore and discuss cutting-edge advertising, privacy, social media, and regulatory developments, all in an interactive and engaging format.
Kelley Drye Partner John Villafranco will moderate a panel consisting of Attorney Advisers to the current FTC Commissioners that will provide an insiders’ look at how the Commissioners approach consumer protection policy, enforcement, and advocacy and offer timely insights into the FTC’s priorities and strategic approach to fulfilling its consumer protection mission.
The conference’s agenda focuses on:
- Evolving standards for advertising substantiation and third-party liability;
- The convergence of international privacy norms and its effect on domestic standards;
- The role of the FTC after its first 100 years;
- The Internet of Things and big data from the consumer, business, government and NGO perspectives;
- The confluence of consumer protection, media and high finance in high status direct-selling markets; and
- The social and legal impacts of social media in the emergent Web 3.0.
For more information, including how to register, please click here.
Tags: American Bar Association