Access to foreign markets is crucial to companies competing in today’s global economy. Kelley Drye helps clients create and expand business opportunities abroad.
We work with businesses and trade associations to maximize the opportunities afforded by free trade and other preferential agreements. Where those opportunities do not yet exist, we directly engage foreign officials and business leaders in order to create openings in targeted markets.
We have counseled clients from a wide range of industries on market access matters, including professional services, financial services, agriculture, telecommunications, metals and automotive firms. While our experience encompasses a variety of foreign markets, we are especially well-versed in the dynamics of the Chinese and other East Asian economies. Our professionals have long-standing relationships with many senior trade officials in the region and we regularly leverage those contacts on behalf of our clients.
- Representing the Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA) on market access issues and foreign regulatory matters in Asian countries, including China, Taiwan and Japan.
- Representing a U.S. household goods manufacturer in negotiations with the Taiwanese government.
- Representing U.S. outdoor power equipment manufacturers in negotiations with French and EU government officials regarding the application of the E.U. Machinery Safety Directive to U.S. exports.
- Representing the U.S. automobile industry regarding access to the Japanese market.
- Advising a U.S. automobile company on Eastern European tariff issues.
- Representing the U.S. pork industry with respect to market access issues in Korea, Taiwan and Japan.