Consumer Financial Services: The Year in Review
Kelley Drye Seminar
October 9, 2007 from 8:00 am to 10:00 am (EDT)
The past year has seen dramatic changes in the areas of financial services, privacy, and information security. The events of the past year have had a significant effect on the way businesses operate and the compliance challenges they face.
Please join Kelley Drye’s Consumer and Merchant Financial Services Practice with Brian Pedati, Senior Counsel for Sprint Nextel Corporation, as they host a panel discussion outlining hot topics in consumer financial services, from financial privacy to fair credit issues.
Topics of discussion will include:
- The surge in financial privacy issues
- Fallout from the subprime crisis, including direct impacts and the ripple effect on non-finance businesses
- Emerging trends and developments for 2008
- Heightened security under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Related discussion on state and federal regulations governing usage of consumer financial information
- Practical approaches to protecting your companies in this era of increased scrutiny from regulators and the plaintiffs’ bar