Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, a powerhouse firm with the heart of a boutique, is seeking a Law Clerk based in the New York office. The Law Clerk will work closely with the other team members in the Managing Attorney’s Office in New York and Los Angeles. The Law Clerk will primarily be responsible for electronically serving and filing litigation papers on behalf of the firm’s attorneys.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve and file litigation documents, which includes the use of the electronic filing systems for the various courts in which the firm practices.
- Assist the firm's attorneys and support staff with compiling and preparing final litigation papers prior to filing.
- Respond to emails and telephone inquiries from the firm's attorneys and support staff.
- Research using various online resources including LexisAdvance, WestlawNext, CourtLink, CourtAlert and PACER.
- Draft basic legal documents, including but not limited to Notices of Appearance and Affidavits of Service.
- Travel to local courts and government offices to search for and retrieve files and file documents.
- Overtime and travel to and from local courts, agencies and other firms are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including ability to proofread documents for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Superior time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to address problems and to make recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic and highly motivated.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)