The standards governing the conduct of private sector interaction with public officials is a complex matrix of statutes, rules and regulations. The presentation will focus on the legal and ethical issues that can arise in the context of:
- Government procurement and government contracting process;
- Legislative and executive branch lobbying or advocacy;
- Federal and state gift and travel rules;
- "Revolving Door" and post-employment restrictions; and
- Engaging in political activity.
The seminar will also provide an overview of the laws and rules currently in place, as well as specific procedures that should be observed to help ensure compliance with the standards of conduct governing these activities.
Please arrive at 7:30 AM for registration and networking.