Andrew Pillsbury is a corporate partner in the firm's Chicago office. Mr. Pillsbury has experience with a wide variety of matters, including start-up structuring and formation, securities offerings, investment fund formation, mergers and acquisitions, and general compliance and governance issues. He represents lenders and borrowers in credit transactions, including second lien and mezzanine loans. In addition, Mr. Pillsbury works with institutional lenders with respect to real estate finance transactions, including the origination of mezzanine loans and preferred equity investments.
Represented a major Chicago-based second lien financing division of a large U.S. bank holding company in numerous investments, including most recently:
- $15 million second lien loan to a finance company that entered into factor relationships with technology resellers.
- $15 million second lien term loan to consumer products company.
- $12 million loan and $4 million preferred stock investment to medical records clearinghouse.
- $20 million second lien loan to industrial holding company.
- $20 million second lien loan to fund a leveraged ESOP transaction.
Represented a large life insurance company in the formation of a $300 million mezzanine debt fund and follow-on fund, and represents such funds in numerous investments, including most recently:
- $17 million in senior preferred stock in designer and developer of active adult and other residential communities.
- $50 million preferred equity investment in private equity/mezzanine lender to developers of retail projects.
- $50 million seed investment to form affiliate fund focusing on the creation and preservation of affordable housing.
Advised a management group in a management-led buyout of a division of a publicly traded parent company.
Represented registered investment advisor in $160 million sale of the company to a Canadian-based public company.
Provides ongoing outside securities counsel for public reporting issuers.
Provides ongoing counsel to multiple hedge funds and investment advisers.
Memberships & Associations
American Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Recommended in US Legal 500 for his work in the M&A: Middle Market area, 2011-2013.
Named to list of "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" by Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2008.
Counsels Children's Oncology Services, Inc., a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that operates programs for kids with cancer.