Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, a powerhouse firm with the heart of a boutique, is seeking a Business Development and Marketing Manager (BDM) to work with attorneys and professionals in the firm’s Litigation practice group. This position is perfect for a strong writer who enjoys scanning the landscape for business development opportunities, creating compelling proposals, and contributing ideas for thought leadership. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys collaborating with lawyers proactively, has an intellectual curiosity to learn their areas of focus, and who listens for opportunities to help pursue new business. The role spans hands-on project management to creative business development strategy and includes opportunities to assist with special projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help draft and execute business development plans and budgets for the Litigation practice group and individual attorneys.
- Identify strategies for new business opportunities by staying informed about the present and emerging needs of clients and the issues and trends in their industries, and by monitoring litigation alerts.
- Manage RFP responses, produce new business presentations and pitches, and provide support to cross-selling initiatives.
- Create and implement multi-faceted strategies to raise the profiles of the practice and key attorneys by securing speaking, sponsorship, and writing opportunities.
- Manage content marketing strategy, including distribution of client communications and creation of website, blog, and other digital media content.
Research and Knowledge Management:
- Manage research efforts concerning new business targets, industries, and competitors.
- Maintain the quality and accuracy of each practice’s collateral materials, experience lists, and related marketing resources.
- Work with the appropriate attorneys to develop strategic and compelling award submissions.
Key Skills and Experience Required
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent and 5 to 7 years of marketing or business development experience. A degree in Communications, Marketing, or English is preferred; MBA, law degree or paralegal experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be client service-oriented with the ability to motivate an entrepreneurial group of lawyers. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, proactive, and solution-oriented. Strong writing capabilities, including persuasive writing, and detail orientation are a must.
This position will also work collaboratively with Practice Managers and other business development professionals to ensure coordination of resources and project execution.
Familiarity with litigation databases and other resources like Courtlink; Pacer; Courthouse News; West Monitor; and Law360, is essential.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in New York City if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees, and certifications (e.g., JD/technology) for example. New York City Salary Range: Low: $150,000 High: $180,000.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).