That’s why Chambers USA calls our team “one of the most highly regarded practices in petitioners’ side antidumping issues in the USA, with a phenomenal win rate and a hugely experienced team that offers considerable expertise in trade remedies.”
Our skill in trade remedies work enables us to take on some of the most challenging matters—long-odds efforts—and transform them into wins for clients, securing the issuance of orders and the imposition of duties that aid not only companies and industries, but workers and communities.
We go to bat for major U.S. industries and smaller producers alike, representing clients in proceedings conducted by the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and the U.S. Trade Representative and in appeals before the U.S. Court of International Trade and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Our work spans a vast range of industries: steel, foundry products, copper and brass, agricultural products, chemicals, fibers and textiles, high-tech material handling, packaging products, heavy machinery and construction products, among other industries.
We also represent U.S. and foreign companies in third-country trade remedy actions (antidumping, anti-subsidy and safeguards) in courts in Latin America, Africa, Europe and Asia.
We are currently representing domestic industries in the following cases:
- Tool Chests and Cabinets from China and Vietnam
- Cold-Drawn Mechanical Tubing of Carbon and Alloy Steel from China, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, and Switzerland
- Aluminum Foil from China
- Carbon and Alloy Steel Cut-to-Length Plate from Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, South Africa, Taiwan, and Turkey
We have represented domestic industries in successful AD/CVD investigations leading to the issuance of orders and the imposition of duties on numerous products. Recent examples include:
- Stainless Steel Sheet and Strip from China (2017)
- Cold-rolled Steel Flat Products from Brazil, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Netherlands, Russia and the United Kingdom (2016)
- Hot-rolled Steel Flat Products from Australia, Brazil, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Turkey, and the United Kingdom (2016)
- Corrosion Resistant Steel from China, India, Italy, Korea, and Taiwan (2016)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Resin (“PET Resin”) from Canada, China, India, and Oman (2016)
- Boltless Steel Shelving from China (2015)
- Prestressed Concrete Steel Rail Tie Wire from China and Mexico (2014)
- Wire Rod from China (2014)
- Large Power Transformers from Korea (2012)
- Prestressed Concrete Steel Wire Strand from China (2010)
- Kitchen and Appliance Shelving from China (2009)
- Small Diameter Graphite Electrodes from China (2009)
- Activated Carbon from China (2007)
- Polyester Staple Fiber from China (2007)
We have represented domestic industries in numerous successful AD/CVD sunset reviews leading to the continuation of orders. Recent examples include:
- Polyester Staple Fiber from China (2017)
- Stainless Steel Plate from Belgium, South Africa and Taiwan (2016)
- Iron Construction Castings from Brazil, Canada and China (2016)
- Hot Rolled Carbon Steel from Russia (2016)
- Stainless Steel Wire Rod from Italy and Japan (2016)
- Cut-to-Length Carbon Steel Plate from China, Russia, and Ukraine (2015)
- Prestressed Concrete Steel Wire Strand from Brazil, India, Korea, Mexico and Thailand (2015)
- Certain Kitchen Appliance Shelving and Racks From China (2015)
- Mushrooms from Chile, China, India and Indonesia (2015)
- Small Diameter Graphite Electrodes from China (2014)
- Steam-Activated Carbon from China (2013)
- Clad Steel Plate from Japan (2013)
Other representations include:
Represented domestic industry in circumvention reviews of small diameter graphite electrodes (SDGEs) from China, wire rod from Mexico and honey from China.
Represented U.S. companies in appeals of various trade remedy cases before the U.S. Court of International Trade and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit involving activated carbon, pasta, polyester staple fiber, carbon wire rod, hot rolled carbon steel, honey, garlic, stainless steel bar, stainless steel wire rod, grain-oriented silicon electrical steel and wire decking.
Represented various U.S. companies in charges of unfair trade practices in foreign markets before courts in Latin America, Africa, Europe and Asia. Products involved include live swine, bovine meat and other food products.
Participated in defending challenges to U.S. trade remedies before the Dispute Settlement Body of the WTO involving steel products from Europe and DRAMs from Korea.
Represented U.S. companies in challenges before NAFTA panels involving a variety of products from Canada or Mexico, including swine, pork, stainless steel flat-rolled products and carbon steel wire rod.