Partner John Villafranco will be on the panel "On the Coattails of Public Scrutiny: Analyzing the Latest Class Action Trends Impacting the Dietary Supplement Industry and Developing Strategies to Minimize Exposure" during the American Conference Institute's 4th Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Dietary Supplements. On the heels of the various AG and now Federal enforcement actions against the industry, the private plaintiff’s class action bar is having a field day with “piggy-back” lawsuits. Mr. Villafranco will examine the latest filings trends as well as defense strategies. Points of discussion will include:
- Update on latest class action filings
- Examining causes of action on both state and federal level
- Comparing recent class action carry-on suits to past class action filings based on FTC enforcement for false advertising
- Exploring class action defense and class decertification strategies
- Taking a closer look at burdens of proof and circumstances in which the burden may shift in these new scenarios
- Devising strategies to minimize class action exposure and mitigate liability
For more information, and to register, please click here.