Kelley Drye partner Talat Ansari spoke on a panel entitled "Doing Business With State-Owned Entities" at Practising Law Institute's seminar, " Doing Deals in and with Emerging Markets: BRIC and Beyond 2011." The program provided a comprehensive overview of the most pressing legal issues implicated in international dealmaking involving emerging markets, primarily the so-called “BRIC” countries of Brazil, Russia, India and China. Attorneys and other professionals in the field benefited from the insights offered by a stellar faculty, who drew upon decades of combined experience and shared the best practices and most effective strategies they have learned and successfully employed. Topics included:
- Negotiating Techniques in dealing with emerging market players
- Due Diligence and valuation issues in international deals
- The role of State-Owned Entities from emerging markets
- National security clearances and other regulatory issues
- How to hire and manage local counsel
- Ethical issues for lawyers facilitating international transactions
For more information, please click here.