Paul C. Rosenthal and Dana S. Wood presented a TAG Academy webinar titled, “Beyond the Beltway: The Expanding Need of Government Relations Representation in Client Engagements” on June 3, 2009. The webinar explored key issues in the current political landscape and the benefits of integrating a robust government relations program. Topics of discussion included:
- How federal policies can affect corporations doing business in the United States.
- Possible affects of the Obama Administration’s activist and regulatory approach on business practices.
- The dynamics between the Obama Administration and 111th Congress.
- Overview of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and how government relations representation can help clients obtain funding.
- Upcoming legislative priorities of the Obama Administration and 111th Congress.