Join Californians for Enforcement Reform and Transparency (CERT), the Construction Industry Air Quality Coalition (CIAQC), and the Regulatory Oversight and Analysis Reform (ROAR) coalition for a panel discussion with Senate Republican Leader, Bob Dutton, on the prospects for needed reforms in California to help the business community.
This unique forum promises an open dialogue on bold regulatory reform initiatives that seek to bring California's administrative procedures in-line with generally accepted standards of transparent rulemaking.
Manufacturers and others doing businesses in California will not want to miss this reform-minded forum.
Topics of the forum include:
- What are the prospects for legislation leading to real regulatory reform in California?
- What can be done to ensure more efficient, effective, and transparent enforcement and certification policies and procedures at the California Air Resources Board?
- When will California agencies start assessing the economic impact that their rulemakings pose for companies doing business in California?
Referred to recently by Washington Post columnist George Will as an "island of calm in the eye of the storm," California State Senator, Bob Dutton, is becoming a leading national voice for "good government" policies and regulatory reform. First elected to the State Senate in 2004, Senator Dutton, who represents California's 31st State Senate District, is the Senate Republican Leader and, for many, the last line of defense in Sacramento. Senator Dutton has received many honors including Legislator of the Year by the California League of Cities, the California State Sheriff's Association, the California Small Business Association and the California Small Business Roundtable.
Senator Dutton will be joined by top policy and legal leaders:
- John Dunlap, former California Air Resources Board Chairman and co-founder of the CERT coalition.
- Bill Guerry, partner in Kelley Drye's Environmental Practice Group and a national leader on federal and California Clear Air Act issues and on CARB-related matters. Co-founder of the CERT Coalition.
- Dave Frulla, partner in Kelley Drye's Government Relations Practice Group and a recognized leader on regulatory reform initiatives including the Small Business Regulatory Fairness Act.