You and your team have worked hard to develop your new product, service, or app. Your intellectual property is a vital asset and a core component of your business strategy. What legal basics do you need to know about trademark, copyright, and domain names to avoid unnecessary protests or – even worse – lawsuits?
On June 20, 2013, Kelley Drye held a free webinar discussion relating to clearing, registering, and enforcing trademarks, copyrights and domain names. The webinar provided answers to these and other essential questions:
- Why is it important to choose strong trademarks, and how do you do so?
- What do you need to know about content you develop for advertising and your web site?
- How close is too close with regard to trademarks and copyrights?
- What are the risks associated with your current or future activities in the traditional and electronic (online) marketplaces?
- How will imminent changes in the existing Internet landscape affect your business, and how can you prepare?
Presentation slides of the webinar are available to registrants.