This seminar will provide in-house and corporate counsel with a valuable understanding of the key legal issues surrounding insurance coverage for corporate policyholders.
Examples of issues that will be discussed include:
- Fundamentals of insurance coverage analysis
- How to avoid compromising or losing insurance coverage in the course of corporate transactions such as mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures
- Securing insurance coverage to pay for legal defense costs
- Recent trends in insurance recovery arising from developments in mass tort law, such as the growth of public nuisance claims
- Complying with policy conditions such as notice, cooperation, and consent to settlement so that coverage rights are not weakened or forfeited
- Dealing with incomplete or missing insurance policies
Kelley Drye's Insurance Recovery attorneys exclusively represent corporate and individual policyholders and are focused on providing cost-effective and creative ways to resolve disputes and secure the proceeds to which policyholders are entitled. Members of the team have worked at the forefront of nearly every major insurance coverage dispute over the last thirty years and have secured billions of dollars in insurance coverage for their clients by employing creative and ever-evolving strategies and techniques in litigation, alternate dispute resolution (ADR), and settlement.
In accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board, this non-transitional continuing legal education program is not approved for the newly admitted attorney within the first two years of admission to the Bar.
Receive 2.0 New York CLE Credit Hours of Professional Practice
Cocktail reception to follow