Companies that advertise goods and services — especially those who target children — are subject to millions of dollars in fines and penalties for violating federal and state regulations. Regulatory bodies such as the FTC, FCC, and state governments are turning a sharp eye toward potential violations with the onslaught of social networking sites, high-tech branding efforts, and interactive ads.
At the Advertisers’ & Marketers’ Regulatory Summit, Kelley Drye's John Villafranco will join an expert faculty to share first-hand knowledge on:
- Current initiatives in direct marketing enforcement;
- Regulations the company must adhere to when marketing to wireless devices;
- Avoiding liability under state consumer protection laws;
- Following examples from self-regulated industries;
- Responding to the FTC’s social networking site initiatives.
Mr. Villafranco will co-present "Avoiding Government Scrutiny When Marketing to Wireless Devices" at 3:00 PM.