After rescheduling due to Hurricane Harvey, this conference will be held on March 7, 2018 at The St. Regis in Houston, Texas.
This half-day program will include a series of panels featuring law and policy experts discussing the most pertinent federal and state legal, regulatory and political developments. Find out where we are a year into the Trump Administration, what it means for regulation, and what impact it may have on your business. Registration will begin at 12:00pm.
Karen Alderman Harbert, President and Chief Executive Officer (U.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Energy Institute)
- Tax Panel – Energy Market Implications
- The panelists will give an overview of the recent sweeping tax reforms and how they impact U.S. and foreign companies, particularly in the energy industry.
- Panelists, Bryce Linsenmayer (Kelley Drye) and Tim Gowens (Ernst & Young LLP)
- Regulatory Outlook: The Regulatory Accomplishments and Objectives of the Trump Administration
- This panel session will focus on the Trump Administration’s “deregulation” efforts, including a discussion of the rules that the administration is withdrawing or rewriting, and the various challenges to those efforts.
- Introduction, Jordan Rodriguez (Kelley Drye)
Panelists, Erik Milito (American Petroleum Institute) and Wayne D’Angelo (Kelley Drye)
- Cost Recovery in Energy and Environmental Space
- This panel will discuss the ways in which a responsible party can recover the costs associated with performing environmental investigation, remediation and restoration activities at a contaminated property. The panel will discuss the types of costs at issue and the claims that may be pursued against other parties potentially responsible for the contamination, their successors or insurance carriers. The panel will also include an in-house counsel perspective of issues to consider when determining whether “cost recovery” is in the best interest of the company.
- Moderator, Will Petit (Kelley Drye)
Panelists, Stephanie Hall (Valero), Bill Jackson (Kelley Drye) and John Hagan (Kelley Drye(
- A Look Back, A Look Forward – What’s really happening in Washington?
- A little over a year into the Trump Administration and unified Republican control, this panel will take a look back at candidate Trump’s campaign promises and how those have translated to action since his election, particularly with respect to environmental and energy policy. The panel will provide a high-level overview of how President Trump’s cabinet agencies are advancing his deregulatory agenda, with a renewed focus on asserting America’s “energy dominance.” The panel will also discuss Republican Congressional efforts to support the new Administration’s agenda, from use of the Congressional Review Act to nullify Obama-era rules, to a focus on environmental streamlining for major infrastructure projects, to promoting domestic energy production. And, with the Congressional midterm elections set for this November, the panel will opine on the political climate and the latest election predictions, as well as how the results of the midterms might shape the President’s and Congress’s policy agendas going forward.
- Moderator, Dana Wood (Kelley Drye)
Panelists, Colette Vallot (Entré Strategic Partners) and The Honorable Lee Terry (Kelley Drye)
There is no cost to register for this event.
Lunch will be served, and you are invited to join us for a cocktail reception immediately following the program.
CLE credit is available for this program.
Contact Tara Busby