Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, a powerhouse firm with the heart of a boutique, is seeking a Strategic Pricing Analyst for the New York Office. The scope of this role includes a wide variety of pricing, financial analysis, and special project responsibilities. We are seeking an experienced and motivated finance professional who is a team player and will offer insight and solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop financial models and analytics in support of pricing proposals.
- Compile and analyze data and historical statistics relating to revenue, realization, and profitability.
- Work with various different management groups and attorneys within the firm, utilizing tools and analytics to guide rates and pricing strategy to maximize profitable growth.
- Update and maintain profitability software system.
- Contribute to the innovative creation of matter budgets in collaboration with the management team.
- Provide training to attorneys on the critical elements of maximizing profitability and return on alternative fee arrangements.
- Create and document best practices as they relate to pricing and profitability.
- Work effectively with others (Financial Analysts, Billing) to determine best ways to extract relevant financial data to analyze in relation to pricing and financial analysis.
- Develop and maintain pricing databases and tools using historic data mined from past matters which can be used to create more accurate fee estimates for Partners during client pitches.
- Review engagement letters for new matters to ensure proper tracking and setup.
- Assist with the development and reporting of internal department metrics to showcase the impact the Strategic Pricing Department has on the Firm.
- Additional related responsibilities as directed by department management.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 3-5 years post Bachelor's Degree in professional services environment, preferably pricing and legal project management, legal operations, or practice management.
- Experience constructing complex models, financial analyses, and reports using Excel, Access, Microsoft PowerBI (or comparable analytics platform) and other relational-database systems.
- Effectively communicate with a wide variety of personnel and personalities including partners, business development personnel and accounting staff.
- Strong analytical, evaluative and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of MS-Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, including an ability to work across geographical borders.
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and to adapt quickly to change in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and proven experience in prioritizing work.
- Experience working in a Law Firm.
- Experience with law firm technology including Aderant and BudgetManager.
- Microsoft SQL knowledge.
- Exposure to pricing decisions and fee negotiation a plus.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)