Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, a powerhouse firm with the heart of a boutique, is seeking a Practice Development Specialist to work with the attorneys and professionals in the firm’s Corporate and Tax practice groups.
The Corporate and Tax Practice Development Specialist assists in the implementation of business development and marketing strategies. The Specialist is based in Kelley Drye’s New York office and provides support to Corporate and Tax attorneys firm wide. Responsibilities and requirements include the following:
- Develop a deep knowledge of the firm’s Corporate and Tax practices, clients, experience, and capabilities in order to further business development goals
- Assist practice group leaders and individual attorneys with the design and execution of business development plans. Help lawyers pursue new opportunities by staying informed about the present and emerging needs of clients and the issues and trends in their industries
- Assist with the development of new business pitches and proposals, including drafting content, assembling resources and editing presentations
- Conduct company, industry and other business development research and synthesize findings into actionable intelligence
- Organize monthly practice group meetings and assist with agenda, including report of ongoing marketing initiatives
- Maintain practice-related experience and transaction lists in the firm’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) database for inclusion in proposals for new business, surveys and submissions, and attorney bios
- Track the results of business development proposals and initiatives
Marketing Communications and Events
- Coordinate initiatives to raise the profiles of the practices and attorneys by securing speaking, sponsorship and writing opportunities
- Develop content for website to highlight attorney publications, upcoming events, and media mentions, among other news items
- Coordinate distribution of client communications and email marketing campaigns, tracking deliverability and results
- Assist in planning seminars and webinars
- Coordinate post-event follow-up activities and measurement of ROI
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will be client service-oriented with the drive to support entrepreneurial groups of lawyers. The successful candidate will be a proactive, detail-oriented, self-directed marketing professional with an undergraduate degree and a minimum of three years of marketing or business development experience. Outstanding writing and inter-personal communications skills are required.
Reports to New York Director of Practice Development.
Send resume with cover letter to Denise Townsend, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com