Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, a powerhouse firm with the heart of a boutique, is seeking a Practice Development Manager to work with the attorneys and professionals in the firm’s Bankruptcy and Private Clients practice groups based in Kelley Drye’s New York office.
This role spans responsibilities from hands-on project management to creative business development strategy, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Strategic Planning: Help design and execute business development plans and budgets for practice groups and individual attorneys. Work closely with practice group leaders and partners to adjust plans proactively as market conditions change.
- Business Development: Identify strategies for new business opportunities by staying informed about the present and emerging needs of clients and the issues and trends in their industries. Evaluate opportunities through research on potential and current bankruptcy filings in various industries, identification of key relationships, and conflict checks. Produce new business presentations and proposals. Provide structure and support to cross-selling initiatives, including through internal communications that promote the practices’ successes and areas of expertise.
- Project Management: Maintain each practice’s pipeline of opportunities. Prepare and track results of pitches, proposals and referrals. Provide timely ideas and other support to ensure consistent progress towards achieving business development goals.
- Research and Knowledge Management: Maintain the quality and accuracy of each practice’s collateral materials, experience lists and related marketing resources. Manage research efforts concerning new business targets, industries and competitors. Manage and maintain bankruptcy database of contacts, relationships, and referrals.
- Marketing Communications and Events: Create and implement multi-faceted strategies to raise the profiles of the practices and attorneys, such as by securing speaking, sponsorship and writing opportunities. Manage content marketing strategy, including distribution of client communications and creation of website, bankruptcy blog and other digital media content. Coordinate firm-hosted events and CLE presentations. Identify credible legal directories that the practices should be listed in, and prepare ranking and award submissions. Identify and manage appropriate trade association relationships.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will be client service-oriented with the drive to support an entrepreneurial group of lawyers. The successful candidate will be a proactive, detail-oriented, self-directed marketing professional with at least an undergraduate degree and a minimum of 5 to 7 years of marketing or business development experience. Outstanding writing, project management, organizational and inter-personal communications skills are required.
Send resume with cover letter to Denise Townsend, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org