The International Trade Group in Washington, D.C. seeks an experienced, self-motivated, ambitious and well organized Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal. The International Trade Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal will provide specialized support to attorneys and economists with a variety of tasks related to the firm’s international trade practice group and Georgetown Economic Services. Primary focus in the areas of filing/e-filing for the Department of Commerce (DOC), U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and the U.S. Courts in addition to administrative tasks, document review and docketing.
- Ability to prepare and process legal documents as requested by attorneys in support of international trade filings including petitions, responses, briefs, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining daily docket and case files matrix. Scanning, profiling and docketing and physically filing all incoming assigned section and GES documents in accordance with practice docketing guidelines. Organize and maintain case files, pleadings, documents and attorneys/economist notebooks/files. Print and scan case materials including APO documents, ITC questionnaires, exhibits and print.
- Provide administrative support to Georgetown Economic Services, Trade Analysts and Trade Attorneys including telephone coverage, mail handling, maintaining attorney’s calendar and deadlines, daily time entries and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Open new client/matter client cases into the database.
- Prepare draft bills to clients; review and edit pre-bills.
- Transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft, dictation or transcription.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and other appointments via Outlook and set-up meetings/calls/videoconferences via LoopUp and Zoom as applicable.
- Maintain all client and general files and assume responsibility for all phases of document control.
- Back-up to other practice group legal administrative assistants/filers as needed.
- General knowledge of firm accounting practices primarily related to time entries and billing.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of work experience as a paralegal or legal secretary in a law firm or consulting firm specializing in international trade.
- Familiarity with the Department of Commerce’s (DOC) Access system, U.S. International Trade Commission’s (ITC) EDIS system, and U.S. Court of International Trade (CIT) filings/e-filings procedures and guidelines.
- Proficiency in MS Office 2010. Ability to use section macros, templates and quick fills within Microsoft Word 2010/Innova Litera. Able to create table of contents and table of authorities.
- Kofax Power PDF proficiency. Able to create and combine PDF’s, editing and adding text, OCR/searchable document, redaction, document comparison, bates numbering, digital signatures and removing metadata.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
- Ability to successfully work in a virtual environment.
- Commitment to superior client service – high level of responsiveness and team work.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a team environment and to handle and prioritize overlapping and conflicting work assignments.
- Ability to prepare an accurate and highly detailed work product. Excellent editing and proofreading skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Adapt to different work environments and project a professional demeanour at all times.
- Ability to perform all tasks with limited supervision and to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff and clients is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.