This position has a broad range of responsibilities across a variety of systems and services. Most importantly, providing timely and courteous support to the attorneys, staff and other professionals of the D.C. office. In addition to first and second level support including the use of the Help Desk ticketing system Footprints, the individual is responsible for escalating issues and communicating effectively.
- Responsible for hardware setup including imaging computers, provisioning mobile devices, deploying new hardware as needed including printers and, configuring Cisco desk phones.
- Facilitate the set-up of video conferences, on premise meetings and presentations including the coordination with internal and external resources. Participate in departmental meetings to discuss and resolve issues affecting the attorneys, staff or other professionals.
- Participate in the implementation of new projects.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of firm assets utilizing the asset database.
- Coordinate repair and replacement of computers, phones, and other equipment as needed.
- Provide assistance as calls are escalated from the firm’s third-party help desk service provider or as requested directly by the individual or at the direction of the IT Manager, Office Administrator or Managing Partner.
- Participate in projects that may include replacement of hardware, e.g., PC’s, printers, building power downs, etc.
- Assist firm application engineers in testing new software applications, application updates and, new desktop images.
- Conduct daily property condition assessment walk-through of office space: check-all areas for leaks and other plumbing issues, check balconies, conference rooms, and other common areas. Act as a liaison between the KDW DC office building management company and building security as needed.
- Maintain office security systems, including operation of security cameras and PA systems.
- Administration of Condeco (Conference Room Application) technology resources for the DC office, including updating equipment information, resources, conference rooms, and visitors’ offices.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and provide support in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment with courtesy and tact.
- Ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated and results driven.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize/coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks while utilizing time efficiently.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems according to shifting priorities, time frames, and resources.
- Flexibility and willingness to respond to issues during and outside of core business hours.
- Ability to deal responsibly with sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and secure manner.
- Strong customer-centric focus.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form.
- Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies
Education and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent or two year advanced vocational technical training, or four years relevant on the job work experience.
- Four+ years in the area of working with desktop support.
- Prior experience in a law firm or professional services environment a plus.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals, including ability to test and troubleshoot a variety of complex hardware configurations.
- Experience with video conference applications, equipment, and remote meeting technologies. Microsoft Teams a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and Windows 10 operating system. Office 365 a plus.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management and Multi-Factor Authentication applications such as InTune, DUO, MobileIron or similar to Duo.
- General office environment. May require long hours and weekend work.
- Dress business casual.
- The ability to walk of up to 60% of work day.
- Ability to push an equipment cart or lift approximately 50-75 pounds.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.