Kelley Drye & Warren LLP seeks an associate with at least 3 years of law firm experience to join its Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation (EBEC) practice. This position would be based in the New York office; NY Bar admission required.
The EBEC group is tight knit and values a lifestyle-friendly and collaborative work environment. The group currently consists of two partners, one special counsel, and one junior associate, and the practice is broad-based with corporate and non-profit clients in an array of industries. Kelley Drye is open to hybrid or remote work arrangements for this position.
A successful associate will have deal experience, excellent organizational skills, the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects, and will take pride in keeping abreast of all new regulations affecting employee benefit plans, serving as a trusted advisor to clients and an expert in the field. Candidates should be as comfortable with face-to-face and telephone communication as they are with email.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handling the benefits aspects of mergers, acquisitions, financing and other corporate transactions, including due diligence for compensation, retirement, and health and welfare benefit plans, reviewing transaction documentation, negotiating representations and warranties, interfacing with internal and opposing counsel on deals, and post-deal integration and support.
- Assisting clients in developing, implementing and administering qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, health and welfare benefit plans and other compensatory arrangements, including stock option plans, restricted stock plans, omnibus equity plans, cash bonus plans, employee stock purchase plans, executive retirement plans and other deferred compensation arrangements.
- Advising clients on negotiating and drafting employment agreements and consulting agreements.
- Advising clients on severance packages and releases.
Experience in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- Qualified Plans
- Affordable Care Act
- IRS Correction Program
- Department of Labor correction program
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and transcript using the link below. No search firms please.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.