Kelley Drye & Warren LLP seeks a Communications Manager who will be located in the Washington, DC Office.
The Communications Manager will work with the Chief Marketing Officer, Directors of Practice Development, the business development team, and, when applicable, with practice chairs, office managing partners and other Firm leaders to develop and launch communications services for the Firm, its offices and its leading practices. This person will lead the development of specific strategies, timelines and budgets for all communication initiatives. The objective is to enhance the visibility and prestige of Kelley Drye by using a variety of communication strategies in an integrated and cost-effective way. Other responsibilities include:
- Media Relations: Develop and implement a public relations plan for the Firm, its offices and key practices; maintain relationships with reporters and editors; draft press releases; secure interview opportunities and media mentions; work with business development team on media placements in local and national markets and oversee external PR resources. Seek out appropriate opportunities for attorney profiling in publications. Responsible for creation, maintenance, and use of editorial calendars and media contact mailing lists. Perform various media relations-related administrative tasks as needed, such as monitoring mentions of the Firm in publications and on third-party websites and providing a regular report of media activities.
- Digital Marketing: Lead the planning and execution of an effective social and digital media strategy that supports the Firm’s overall communications strategy. Develop recommendations for improving the Firm’s website with respect to content, appearance, functionality and SEO; evaluate the usefulness of current blogs relative to the effort and cost involved in maintaining them; and manage communications to the Firm’s alumni networks and other online tools to build attorney networks. Deliver regular training to attorneys regarding best practices for creation and use of digital tools such as LinkedIn.
- Internal Communications: Publicize successes within the Firm to foster cross-selling and idea-sharing. Assist with Firm Meetings and other management presentations, including the development of special reports. Manage the Firm’s internal online newsletter.
- Editing and Proofreading: Regularly edit and proofread proposals, various pitch materials, and directory submissions. Ensure materials are error-free and are consistent with firm messaging. Leverage information from proposals and pitches to elevate the firm’s brand.
- Other Communications: Repurpose advisories and articles to ensure maximum impact of work; prioritize ranking and rating opportunities and assist in submissions; create materials used in lateral recruiting, and other such collateral.
- Media training: Provide media counsel/guidance to attorneys and firm spokespeople.
- A degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or corporate communications
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience (agency, media or in-house; law firm preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, management and organizational abilities coupled with sound judgment
- Established relationships with journalists, bloggers, business and legal press
- Proven results with highly strategic corporate public relations and social media
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
: Directors of Practice Development
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Denise Townsend at email@example.com