Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, a powerhouse firm with the heart of a boutique, is seeking a Collections Specialist based in the New York office. The Collections Specialist will oversee the collections process for a select group of partners on a monthly basis. This position will report to the Collections Supervisor and will work closely with attorneys, managers and administrators throughout the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the complete collection process, for approximately 15+ Partners, on a monthly basis.
- Communicate directly with partners and clients regarding past-due accounts.
- Maintain clear and concise collection status notes in collections software (currently ARCS 2G, but eventually transitioning to Aderant Expert Collections).
- Provide monthly client status updates to management.
- Escalate accounts that have become problematic to management so they can intervene where necessary.
- Interface with partners and varying levels of management to implement payment solutions.
- Generate monthly reminder statements, ensuring that any partial AR shown is correct.
- Monitor short payments that are the result of e-billing reductions, and write off as needed and /or work with the billing team to resubmit balances where applicable.
- Assist the team with researching and resolving accounts receivable issues, to ensure correct payment application, and to minimize credit balances.
- Monitor unapplied payments and work with the clients to resolve.
- Assist the team in reconciling client accounts when discrepancies have been found.
- Provide back-up to other team members when necessary.
- Assist the team in entering, validating, and/or applying receipts into Aderant.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five (5) years of applicable work experience in a large law or professional service firm.
- Strong understanding of the entire collections process (invoice preparation, partner contact, client contact, payment received and reconciled).
- Computer proficient with strong MS Excel and MS Word skills. Aderant Expert experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal, verbal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Self-directed with a strong work ethic; capable of working independently with limited supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with a high degree of accuracy.
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)