Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal to join their Advertising, Privacy group in the Washington, DC office.
The Advertising, Privacy Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal is considered a “hybrid role”. The Legal Secretary role consists of providing administrative support to Advertising, Privacy work partners. The Paralegal role will support the advertising section/legal team responsible for providing advertising compliance and other legal advertising/marketing advice on matters assigned to the practice group. Other duties as assigned.
- Input, process and post attorneys time entries.
- Client Billing- Prepare draft bills to clients; review and edit pre-bills. Draft bills/invoices cover letters and mail invoices.
- Process new client/matter cases into the in-house database for conflict checks. Create engagement letters.
- Process and track invoices and attorneys and practice group expenses.
- Arrange attorney travel, meetings and other appointments.
- Maintain all client and general files and assume responsibility for all phases of document control.
- Receive clients and visitors; maintain good public relations with clients; observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Prepare documents for scanning, filing, faxing, emailing or mailing, preparing envelopes, labels, FedEx/UPS forms, fax cover sheets or messages slips as required.
- Maintain attorney’s calendar, in-box and deadlines, and files.
- Answer multiple phone lines, route calls to appropriate individuals.
- Perform special projects or assignments are required.
- Typing letters, memos, forms and other documents.
- Handle inbound and outbound internal communications.
- Draft and edit legal documents, run compares (redlines), Table of Authorities (TOAs) and Table of Contents (TOCs).
- Provide support to all ADLAW attorneys in all areas of advertising, regulatory, compliance and transactional work for the practice group and clients.
- Handle inbound and outbound internal client communications and proactively ensures all deadlines are met.
- Draft legal correspondence and memoranda for attorney review (as needed).
- Perform legal research and analysts as requested.
- Laisse with various service provides to ensure appropriate client filings and regulatory requirements are met.
- Liaise with the firm Discovery Services team.
- Must have 2+ years of legal assistant and/or paralegal experience in a law firm setting. Extraordinary attention to detail, excellent oral and written skills and superb proofreading abilities are a must. The preferred candidate needs to have strong MS Office skills and highly skilled at document editing, high level administrative support, and project management. Must be able to work independently to manage legal-related projects and handle multiple tasks while satisfactorily meeting deadlines. Must have good judgement, strong organizations skills, positive attitude and an interest in learning. Previous experience with promotional law, advertising, consumer marketing and regulatory issues a plus.
The selected candidate will be subject to a background check as part of the hiring process.
Kelley Drye and Warren LLP is an equal opportunity employer.